Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let's make a deal.

Wow what a crazy couple of days! Lately I've been so busy that I hardly remember which day is which and where I need to be and where.....etc etc. With my new school rules in place, a bit tattered but rules none the less I find myself a little out of the loop at work.

How so you might ask? I have been ignoring the massive time sucker box.....the boob tube......the idiot box....also known as my best friend...thats right I'm talking about the TV and the many glorious shows that are provided that all start to premiere in September. Whats with that? September is probably the busiest time of year and yet they start it off by putting the TV shows we've been dying to follow up on from last season right when life gets going again?

Parents with kids, students back at school, companies getting back in buisness after summer vacations and time off. September is a hub of activity and the boob tube is there to get their cut! With so much going on in September, it makes sense for shows to start again, as people are generally looking for a way to stay in and relax, but when will they learn that the world should revolve around me damn it!!! Why not make it so that the shows premiere later but there are no breaks in showings! No stupid three weeks on new shows in Feb! Imagine a world where shows played straight through expect for xmas? What a wonderful world THAT would be. In my perfect world no TV show would be allowed to leave monster cliff hangers during the middle of final exams in April, that all come back into play when trying to get Septembers early readings accomplished.

I, in determination to keep on track with school, am devoted to ignoring as much boob tube time as possible this semester. The TV shows will still be there waiting for me after school is over. Online downloading, Itunes, and many other outlets have made this possible, so for me to waste time on TV when I could be studying (to ensure less time stressing out). What shows will I be missing most this semesters? Well just all my favourites from last season.

Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Chuck, Vampire Diaries, and Big Bang Theory are just a few. I also watch Project runway religiously but since it started before school started I figure watching it is fair game because the season is almost over.

So heres the deal! I don't whine about missing TV and no one else will whine to me about crazy breaks in regular scheduled programing, and bad plot lines and mixed reactions. I sit and play stupid at work when everyone is discussing what happened last night on Gossip girl, 90210, Greys, or survivor, and you don't ask me to get in on a pool, what predictions I have for the season, or if I have purchased last seasons DVD box set. I won't get jealous of your free time, if you don't judge me for being a shameless book geek till December. Deal? Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment