Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Me in a fight? I take myself out

Well, it is way past Sunday and to no ones surprise, my scanning project is far from finished and I have piles of laundry to do, and cds that need to be sorted, and jobs that need to be found and well same old same old. I as always have a million and one things to do yet here I sit, watching re-runs online of bad tv (ahem One Tree Hill is not nearly as good as I remember) and half ass-ing my job hunt (in all fairness there is nothing new for me to apply to...my massive job search and apply to everything yesterday took care of whatever was out there).

This morning I did have to take my glasses into the optometrist to get new lenses, so for the remainder of the day, till four anyways, and so the rest of my day I'm planning on spending lounging around the house doing laundry and taking care of finally getting all my good will clothes together to donate, as well as figure out how the hell to most efficiently (read quickly) finish my scanning project so that I can get my scanner/printer and that big box of pictures out of my room. This box of stuff is starting to scare me as I fear it will become a permanent fixture, and that is scarier than finding out you have a midterm worth 60% an hour before you have to write it (not that that's ever happened to me...no not me at all....).

So regardless of the looming scanning project, I did manage to actually accomplish a task! Yesterday I spent my whole morning applying to any job I could find, and a few that I'm sure to never hear from, but also! I finally knocked a big thing off my to do list! I finally washed my car! Finally no more bird crap all over my car! Finally restored back to all of its shinny goodness and more importantly another thing crossed off my list of things to go that I never get around to. Now if only it hadn't come at such a high price.

I really don't know how these things happen to me. I get myself into the strangest positions and the most embarrassing situations. While on my big push to finally get things accomplished, to feel as if I had achieved something, I managed to have it whack me in the face...literally. To wash a car important staples needed include a hose and some soapy water. Soapy water intact I started to pull out the hose, only to do so I needed to string it down past the planter and into the car port in my yard. Easy right? Well not exactly....instead of easily threading it down the side of the house it got stuck beside the planter. In front of the planter? A hanging basket and a cast iron deck chair. A hanging basket and a cast iron chair that just so happened to block the way of the planter in which the hose needed to be threaded past. I thread the hose through by crawling behind the chair and as I stand up I whack my head on the hanging basket, as I recoil, I forget about the placement of the chair and whack my face on it. Red mark induced...and I look like someone gave me a wicked right hook.

Oh well my car is finally clean. That I believe gives me a pass on the scanning project for at least one more day right?

No comments:

Post a Comment