Friday, July 23, 2010

Sitting, Wishing, Waiting....call me back you assholes!!

So....as previously mentioned, I am unemployed, well I'm a temp, who hasn't gotten much work. I apply to every job (the good, the ok, the bad and of course the seedy) and I rarely hear back from these hundreds of crappy jobs I've applied to. I get it. The economy sucks. So forgive me for having high expectations when someone is interested in me. I feel like, if a company is serious about having you work for them, they should you know BE STRAIGHT WITH YOU.

When applying for all these jobs, its hard to read through all the bullshit in the job postings. Its hard to apply for jobs and not have any idea what company you're applying for, what the pay be, or how degrading the job will actually be. And then to get a reply is shocking because there are so many different applicants that its really a "buyer's market". So to actually be asked to come in for an interview is rare. I get it. I know this. I'm not a total idiot. But you know what really burns me? When you finally cut all the crap, things look up, and then you get jerked around!!!

Why would a company start off this way? Why would after an interview would you say "we'll call you either way by this date" and then not? Or why would a company say "we will contact you either way by this time" and totally ignore you? Really? Are you kidding me?

I've been jerked around like this for the past two weeks. Waiting, hoping, begging for just any job. Is it too much to ask that even if I'm not what you're looking for that you know, just let me know? Is it too hard to pick up the phone after an interview and say "thanks but no thanks?" ESPECIALLY if you say "We'll call and let you know"....do they think that us sitting here waiting is so much better than having to say no to us?

Currently, I am sitting here waiting for one of those call backs. I've been doing this off and on for the last couple days. My temp agency has been jerking me around for the last week or so. It seems that they don't have stable employees, and as a result the newest person in charge of the placements didn't even know I was an employee, so god knows how many different placements I've missed out on in the last couple weeks.

I'm also waiting for a call back from the seedy place I applied to to be a telemarketer...yup I'm that desperate. I am willing to be one of those people, that people love to hang up on, ignore or be rude to. But for they are willing to be super flexible with my super tricky August schedule.

Ugh. Its a rough job world out there...but gotta do what it takes to get the money!! But common? How does being rude to potential employees do anything good for your company? Making us wait to hear if we are good enough to work for you does nothing good for you guys. Most people apply to stores they really like, and if they are rude to us then why would we want to go back? Applying to a company that wants you to be a telemarketer, but that can't call you on time? WARNING...

Sigh....so here I sit..waiting to find out if I'm good enough, most likely to find that I am not. And it really makes me wonder, will I ever be employed? I feel like a sad dateless girl.....call me! love me!! EMPLOY ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment