Monday, June 6, 2011

Magical Moments Missed

I like many females, love the happy ending. If a movie or a book isn't going to happen in a way that pleases me with all the ends tied and the characters in a better place than when they started, then I don't want to know about it. So nothing chokes my chicken more than those moments in TV or in movies where they are clearly setting up characters to finally get together or get everything they wanted, only have something go spectacularly to pieces. This usually happens right when something amazing is just about to fall right into place...and yet it all comes crashing down. Not quite sure what I mean? Let me give you some examples....


Friday Night Lights (and while I realize I am only in season two this one is still just chapping my ass) - Lyla and Riggins. Good god lord all mighty and his baseball bat why must these two keep missing their mark? Like seriously??? SERIOUSLY?? (yes I quoted Greys...and yes by the end of this you all will see just how TV obsessed I have been over the years...the reality is that I don't watch TV during the school year and wait for seasons to come out to see them all)...Regardless!! Riggins while listening to Lyla's Christian Talk show finally gets it! He finally realizes he's in love with her, goes running to be her to fall at her knees and confess his undying love to her...and BOOM. Moment missed and opportunity flushed out with the holy water. Riggins will now be likely to revert into his old ways and continue to drink away his future and his liver health...and Lyla will continue to preach the bible as she hides behind it to cover her butt during her confused teen years.....arrglag'asd'gasjdglkajdg'ld

NEXT: Ugly Betty. Nothing annoys me more than Ugly Betty and the THREE missed connections that fell flat in this show. While I have hopes that at some point Riggin's and Lyla will get their heads out of their butts, Ugly Betty is over and I am ANNOYED still at the idea of those jerk producers screwing with the Betty/Matt, Henry/Geo and most importantly the BETTY/HENRY. WTF? They finally look like they are going to get together and then what? OH YA Henry's cheating ho-bag of a girl friend shows up saying she's prego!! WTF?? Its not bad enough that they screwed with Henry and Betty just before trying to go to Wicked (my worlds most favorite musical which is saying something because I have seen A LOT) but then to have Charlie get prego? When in fact she is cheating? Then its Henry's?? WTF? And then Matt leaving for Africa on a total whim? ..... as I type now the steam is slowly starting to trickle out of my ears.

Gilmore Girls. Oh holy geeze nothing kills me more than the whole Rory/Tristan thing going straight to pot. Tristan kisses her at that party, and she bolts. Yes I get it...that rejection sucked, but the next episode he totally could have redeemed himself by saying "HEY I LIKE YOU" and then who knows? He could have gone after her?? WHY THE HELL NOT! He could have kissed her that night at the play before he left...HE COULD HAVE MADE MANY MANY MOVES...but no! He chickens out!....siiigh.

And Finally (not the last missed connection but the last for this evening) Greys Anatomy. Lexie and Mark. Mark the eternal player, the man-whore. Lexie, little Grey. Why the hell can't these two seem to get it together? Mark has his daughter and ignores Lexie, missed connection. Lexie 'falls' for Avery and Mark "lets her go"....what the hell is that? What kind of crap is that? They are just making up all kinds of excuses for these two to get together and yet proceed to tease us with their longing looks, and their flirty banter and cute moments, and then BAMO never going to happen.

I understand that these tactics are how the attract the viewer in. This is what keeps the viewers coming back every week, pining over every new episode and flocking to spoiler sites to figure out whats going on before anyone else. I get that. But why can't they ever throw the viewers a bone? Why must I sit in agony and pain to finally get the happy ending? Ugh I really need to get out more....

No comments:

Post a Comment