Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BOB SAGET

So. Whilst toodling around this great province and awesome coast that I live on this past summer, I travelled with my sister and her son Cadet (not his name just something he does) and our nephew EastCoast (where he was born). While trapsing around Jasper National Park blindly (because my sister decided it would be super awesome to step on my glasses like two days in to the vacation....) EastCoast got be a bit addicted to saying (ok more like shouting) BOB SAGET in stead of "god damn it".

In fact once I caught on to saying it, every time I would bust a "BOB SAGET" EastCoast would pipe up and say "there you go"....just to simplify things this is what would happen:

Me:(splutter, get frustrated by blindness and be annoyed, splutter some more then take huge breath): BOB SAGET
EastCoast (from behind a tree or during his wood chopping would pipe up): There you go.

I digress. So here I am thinking "time to write a blog post" so that I'm not just sitting on my ass while watching the finale of America's Got Talent, because I am still outrageously behind on my class readings and probably should be dedicating more time to that than watching TV. I started a post and was wondering what I had digressed into yesterday about how totally shitty my day was yesterday (yes I was going to bitch again....so shoot me, my blog my rules) and I thought "huh look at all these drafts man I should really delete all of them and clean up this inbox!" Go me! Right? No.

So instead of being observant and smart I selected the "all" box button and I ended up deleting a whole whack of EVERYTHING. I deleted everything for the past like what two months? At this point I spluttered and gasped that there was no "oppsie I'm a moron button" and gasped BOB SAGET.

SO BOB SAGET I DELETED A BUNCH OF MY POSTS. Those take time BOB SAGET and they take observation and BOB SAGET there was some good complaining in those posts! Some awesome stress relieving, people bashing, selfish moments and BOB SAGET its like I just deleted part of myself!!!! BOB SAGET I'm a MORON. (but at least have made up for some of the bitching and stress relief)

After I deleted them and was flicking through the posts that survived "moronic deletion 2011" I realized what I mostly deleted (mostly...still a bit bitter over my stupidity) was all the posts I made in the past month or so when I was really at a low point in my life. I had just gotten out of this terrible relationship with someone who was so vitally interwoven into my life that I was left almost a shell of a person trying to figure what the hell happened. I wasn't friends with either of my almost life long friends that means I lost a whole whack of support and while I still have T, I realized that I was really starting to shed some emotional baggage that had been weighing on my heavily. At its taken me a long time to realize that everything happens for a reason.

And I really think there was some sort of force of nature that told me "go be a moron and delete that crap because the BS stops now. YOU need to get your ASS TOGETHER and quit BITCHING and get R done". Because that is exactly what I woke up feeling this morning (and by waking up I mean after my first class was over and I finally got a freaking cup a coffee in me, as far as I'm concerned anything before that doesn't count).

So while I realize that deleting a few blog posts that basically no one read anyways may not seem like a big deal, it really happened for the best. So next time something goes wrong for you and you think "BOB SAGET how could I have been so stupid???" (and trust me now that you have a better way to express annoyance in a more PG and more importantly humorous way, you will) just take a breath and remember that everything happens for a reason. And while it never really presents itself right away you will find something good in it. Just breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment