Monday, September 19, 2011

Theory Time

Lately I've been doing a lot of things I shouldn't be. Things like watching TV when I should be studying. Slacking when I should be doing laundry, letting the dishes pile up when I should wash them. Its been a lazy could of weeks but this whole getting back into school thing has kind of just thrown me for a loop. I can't seem to get my footing. Even now I should be studying but here I am watching Drop Dead Diva repeats writing a blog post. Sigh.

Lately I've been reading a lot of books (not school related of course) and watching a lot of TV. I've also been reading a lot of blogs and if there is anything that the blogs seem to have in common its the fact that there are a lot of ladies out there that are having trouble with the fellas. Now while I haven't been out and about spewing my heart out about my last failed relationship and about how lonely I am right now, I'm going through it too. Aren't we all always healing from something?

So here is my two cents to put out in the universe about men, in hopes that maybe one of my fellow ladies scorned will stumble across it and find it useful or at least find it humorous.

I have a theory about men. Never date a man who wears and combination of the following things: cheap, shitty, worn out, poorly maintained, overly pointy shoes.

NOW that is not to say to never go out with a guy who simply wears worn out shoes. Or to never date a man that wears cheap shoes. But if there is a man that wears cheap worn out shoes that have holes in them....maybe think twice. Its one thing to be financially unlucky and not be able to afford expensive footwear, and I would never EVER discriminate against that, because honestly who hasn't been there? Btut a man that just plain doesn't take care of his shoes? Means he doesn't take care of his feet. And you can bet your butt that means he would also never take care of a woman.

Think about it, shoes get stepped on ALL day. They go in puddles, they occasionally get SHIT ON. They take the wear and tear to keep the feet happy. (I think you understand what I'm getting at here).

SO if you meet a guy and his shoes look like they've been through the ringer, you can imagine he doesn't are about the little things. He just uses something till it wears down and falls to crap. This is probably how he treats more than one thing in his life.

Take as example my friend whom for the sake of this blog I shall call Fido (hes a total dog). My friend Fido wears good quality expensive shoes. But they always look like shit. Super worn down, the backs are destroyed because he jams them on his feet, they always look about two seconds away from falling to pieces. Fido cannot hold down a relationship to save his life. In fact he's professed undying love to me a couple of times (once drunk once legit) and I always shoot him down. He treats women like crap. Expects them to be on their A game all the time so that he can slack off. He's totalled cars, hes gotten kicked out of University and has a job he hates. He treats his shoes like he treats girls. Treads heavily on them till they get thrown out. And who wants to be treated like that?

There are a lot of things you can tell about men from their shoes. Cheaper brand shoes that have been cared for well? That generally means that the guy may not have a whole lot but what he has hes worked hard for and takes care of. That is good boyfriend material. Expensive shoes treated like crap? That guy doesn't have time to value anything.

So that is my friendly advice for the day. Next time you're out at a bar, or out having coffee or heck even at a bus stop and some good looking guy says hello to you and shows interest, I suggest you take a look at his shoes. Its tough out there and any indicators we can use to ward off the goobers are worth a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment