Monday, April 30, 2012

Here we go...again...

I'm going back to work tomorrow. Bleh. Real world sucks.

About a week and a bit ago I got a call from my old job asking what I was up to for the summer. I responded with "a whole lotta job hunting and trying to grow the eff up". They said "we might have a job for you but you can't talk about it and we can't give you a solid start date, you just have to wait it out but it would be worth it I promise you, right now we need an answer in or out?".

Well, while the whole "no solid start date" was a huge inconvenience to be sure, I really couldn't complain about not actually having to hunt for a job in what has been the absolute worst job market ever. I replied with a very quick and to the point "Eff yes I'm in".

So there was a week and a bit of "well am I working or not?" BS, all is now pretty much said and done and I go back to my old job tomorrow. Length of contract to be determined, but even if its only a couple months at least its money in the bank, and well its two month of job hunting while working. Which to me is brilliant, even if some of my coworkers tend to be a bit....erm.. you know what lets not even go there.

So tomorrow I start work. And it leaves me with two problems. What the hell should I wear? And what the hell will I take for lunch.

The dreaded work lunch. I hate packing a lunch. Mostly because I hate taking sandwiches to work. I really don't tend to eat cold food all that often. I prefer a warm lunch, or a lunch I don't have to make. I am the WORST offender of the whole "eff it I'll go out for lunch". Which really is the BIGGEST waste of money. I should really get off my ass and make my own lunch the night before. But previously I really never have. I go out or I take in one of those boxed microwave pastas which taste like cardboard and are really bad for you.

SO. Given that this summer for me will be ALL about the saving, I am making a pledge to NOT EAT OUT FOR LUNCH. I am going to attempt to make all my lunches. Or at least some part of them anyways. I can't say the whole boxed pastas won't happen, because they usually go on sale at the grocery store for a buck and you can't lose with that! But I am putting a stop to going out for lunch. Its expensive, and it takes up lots of uncesssary gas. There isn't anything within walking distance to go to. So not only does it take a toll on my wallet but also my gas tank and gas is way too damn expensive as it is.

SO that leads me to the problem of just what the hell do I take to work for lunch tomorrow? Bleh. I apparently need to go to the grocery store already. Eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment