Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I am the cookie queen...and I shall dance about skantily clad if I want to!

Have you ever sent a text and within a split second of sending it realize "Oh crap I don't think that's where I wanted it to go", but the damage is done and off it has gone so you just sit back and wait to see how that one plays out? Well, I had just that happen to me the other day. Since I got back from my impromptu trip to Vancouver to catch up with Fido, he has been ever so slightly more flirtatious than usual. Now granted, I knew he was trying to impress me with watching all the Canadian Figure Skating Championships and taking a keen interest in my figure skating chaos, as well as the fact he forked over his bed for me (and even washed the sheets might I add) and had a cold coke in the fridge for me when I showed up. But to be honest, he knew I dropped everything to come over when he asked so I just figured he was being nice. (Naive? Maybe but its Fido, we've never had a clear cut friendship. When we do hang out we've always been courteous to each other). Anyways so, I'm house sitting, and I'm in the sticks which should help more clearly explain the following text more clearly.

"The best thing about house sitting in the sticks? Walking around in my the house in my underwear and blasting music till all hours of the night. Dancing to Kelly Clarkson has never been less shameful. Juvenille? Yes. Enjoyable? Absolutely!!!"

I meant for that text to go to T. Thinking that she would know exactly what I meant, having not lived without her daughter or in her parents suite for the better part of 4 years, she too can appreciate the underwear late night music dancing. However, it didn't go to T, it went to Fido. Crap. Now it looks like I'm flirting back. And yes he had many an interesting text in response to that. That I squashed quite quickly (I'm a lady after all).

So yes, I'm feeling a bit of recoil from that mistake. Enter text whing-dinger number two:

"Waiting for the bus and some guy walks up wearing old ripped jeans, a black kappa sports hoodie, a backwards bluejays cap (with sticker still on it), rip off designer sunglasses, backpack and super pointy brown dress shoes...if this is what eligible men dress like today, I weep for my vagina...its going to be an awfully long dryspell".

Yup, sent that to Fido by accident because I am apparently the only person left on the planet that doesn't have a cellphone that tracks conversations, but where you have to send each text to individual people, and at the time I was on the bus and I wasn't texting carefully so now I have sent two very misleading and not so lady like texts to Fido over the last 3 days. Crap.

So I'm feeling like a bit of a tool about that, and thinking I'm sending some pretty mixed signals to Fido which probably isn't great but seeing as he is such a tool himself that he probably doesn't really care, nor will he take anything personally (fingers crossed).

So when I got told today that I am the Cookie Queen, I was definitely ok with taking the title. My sister has a friend who apparently is very baking inefficient. She apparently works with a lot of women who every week all take turns making fresh baked goods and bringing them into work to share. My sisters friend, who is super baking inadequate is too scared of what these women think to make anything herself. She is entirely too self concious, and while she has purchased all the ingredients and has some really great ideas on what to make, she still cannot bring herself to do it. So she asked my sister to take pity on her and bake her something she could pass off as her own. My sister simply replied that while yes she could bake, and she didn't mind doing it for her friend, that she was not the person she should be asking for a baking favour from. She basically said, that I am the Cookie Queen, and to really knock the snooty co-workers birkenstocks off, that basically she should worship at my altar to get me to bake them.

After feeling so inadequate at school and my personal life lately, I defiantly needed that compliment. And ya damn rights I'm going all out on these suckers! I have a reputation to uphold after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment