Friday, February 10, 2012

Timing is everything.

So! I have been struggling this week. I know I've been super unmotivated this semester, but this week tool the cake. I have been sick, and I've been tired, and I've been trying to get everything together but its been really hard. That being said, after having a disasterous midterm last night, and being so freaking sick I decided enough was a enough and that desperate times called for desperate measures.When I was in Ireland last year I got a pretty nasty sinus infection. It was BAD. Sick, sniffly, sneezy and stuck on a bus with a bitch of a tour guide who failed to mention to me that there wouldn't ever be a good time for me to get some meds. However, being on vacation and being me, I was determined to make things work out. So I followed the whole idea of "When in Rome", except this time "When in Ireland". When in Ireland, you drink Guiness. Turns out the next day I was feeling MUCH better. Significantly better. I had heard that Guiness beer was said to have medicinal properties because of all the nutrients in it, and that night made me a believer.

So last night I drank Guiness, and this morning woke up feeling better than I had all week. Unfortuantely I took that as an excuse to lounge in bed all morning watching Project Runway Allstars. Unfortunately it was the exact time when the UPS man decided to come and I had to haul ass upstairs in my jammies, at 1:00 in the afternoon, looking like a total mess (my face is all chapped from four days of nose blowing), the curtains still drawn in my house.

And the UPS man had the AUDACITY to ask, "Did I wake you up?".

Well then. Timing is everything isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment