Sunday, February 20, 2011

Its my Sunday, and I will laze about if I want to

Growing up I was pretty heavily involved in extra curricular activities. I was on things like grad committees, bottle drives, volunteering, working for the family business, and most heavily skating. All the way through high school I jumped from skating, to volunteering to working to sleeping. In fact there was rarely a weekend or spring break that I got a day off and once I started post secondary and cut back on working during the semester..I started to learn what a beautiful thing the weekend can really be.

Now, granted I still seem to volunteer every Sunday afternoon (not that it has been all that successful lately...that is another story for another day) I for the last few months, no longer weighed down with school studying, or weekend runs to the lab I have been enjoying not only evenings with out homework, but also this blessed thing call the lazy Sunday.

Now for anyone that knows me personally, knows that I don't tend to admit I like to be lazy. They know that I don't tend to ever let anyone know that I do watch TV, and I do like to sleep, and that I like anyone likes to read trashy magazines and books. Anyone who knows me knows that I to stay busy and be active....BUT the lazy Sunday is the exception to this rule.

This thing called the Lazy Sunday is an event so special and enjoyable that if it were to happen too often or too easily, it would not be as cherished. The Lazy Sunday is defined as the Sunday where you have nothing to do but things you want to do. There is no laundry, no cleaning, no errands. There are no obligations or require elements, no diet food and definitely no early morning showers or leg shaving. There are no dress pants and no ironing or any kind. A Lazy Sunday is all about one thing, being lazy...whatever your lazy includes. And in the spirit of this loveliest and sunniest of Laziest Sundays I am going to share with you all my favourite things to do on a Lazy Sunday

1. Sleep in
I work early all week. I start work at 7 now and finish at 3, which is great because it means I get extra day light hours to do errands etc, but it makes for pretty early mornings and pretty low key early nights. So sleeping in is a welcome treat on a Sunday. Nothing like waking up well rested and relaxed on a Lazy Sunday.

2. Get a coffee
In my house we don't make coffee. We have a family farm and for as long as I can remember, the coffee maker is at the farm and not in the house, so we never have coffee here, so growing up I never had it in the house. So on a lazy sunday it is one of my favourite things to do is go downtown to my favourite coffee place that is terribly out of the way from my normal week and grab a delicious iced coffee.

3. Used Book Store Shopping
I like any other female on this earth is genetically mapped to enjoy shopping. I like anyone else loves going shoe shopping, and trying on clothes and checking out cute earrings just as much as the next girl. That being said I am a sucker for old books. I love browsing aimlessly through the shelves of old books, once previously loved and now in need of good homes. Browsing through shelves looking for a new favourite book that is bound to provide me with an afternoon of blissful reading, while sipping my delightful iced beverage.

4. Watching Sinful TV
This might come as a shock to some, I am addicted to bad TV. I love watching TV shows in sequence, preferably shows that are trashy and have poor plot. I watch them, ogle the cute boys, envy the girls that have perfect bodies, and then never feel obligated to watch another episode.

5. Do whatever comes naturally
Lazy Sundays are no routine days, so when one suddenly comes along and you realize there are no obligations the best thing one can to is sit back, relax and wait for divine lazy sunday inspiration to find you!

Hope every one had a fantastic weekend! I'm going to go get my trashy tv on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment