Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November.....you frigid meanie!

Happy November 1st to all! I hope you had an amazing Halloween, celebrating the holiday in whatever way makes you happiest...or given the theme, whatever scares you shat-less. For me it meant coming home from my evening class having a quick drink with my family at our annual bonfire party before retreating inside to watch Scream (the original) why cramming my ass off for my anatomy lab quiz this afternoon. It was a rough October so I feel curling up on the couch eating Halloween candy was an appropriate way to end the month. Best thing was that I was supposed to have a midterm tomorrow but it was postponed to next week, proof that miracles exist!

With last night being a late night because I half studied while watching slasher movies till roughly 1 in the morning before playing angry birds till I finally was able to come down from my self imposed sugar rush to fall asleep, getting up this morning to haul my ass to school for an early class through the cold was the last thing I wanted to do.

Well turns out it was the tip of the ice berg. Literally. Upon my arrival home from class last night there were too many cars in my driveway to pull into my usual spot in the garage, so I parked outside thinking I would move the car in once the party was over. Well the party went pretty late and by the time everyone had moved I had totally forgotten about the car. So this morning when I finally hauled my sorry ass out of bed, hobbled around my house to pee change and brush my fangs, and went to the garage to drive to school, I realized like an idiot I had left the car outside. Figuring it was no problem (and of course cutting it really short on time) I walked out my front door to turn the corner to the car park to see my beautiful car (Alejandro) completely covered in a thick layer of ice. ICE. FREAKING ICE.

Now I know I shouldn't be complaining. I live in BC (best coast in my opinion) and not only that, I live on the most western part of BC where we relish in the fact that we rarely get snow, and it rarely dips into negative temperatures unlike the rest of the country. But that is EXACTLY why I live here. I don't tolerate cold well. I can't stand it (ya ya irony being that I spend all my spare time freezing my non-exsistent nuts off on an ice rink). I hate cold, and I hate snow, and I hate having to wear multiple layers. So having to scrape ice off my window this morning was NOT a happy experience. What was even more annoying was having to admit I needed the scrapper that my ex-boyfriend-then-best-friend-for-many-years-after-that-before -he-turned-into-a-total-jackwad (lets nickname him The Ass-Accountant Assccountant for short) made me keep in my car because that jackward knew damn well that just because he told me I would need it one day that I would need one because he was such an asshole like that. So I had to scrape ice off my window this morning. November you are a frigid beast.

I am determined that November will be better than October. Things have been rough and I know November will not be easy. With a funeral to go to and a bunch of things I will have to leave town for and school finals to deal with, but I am determined I can make it work if I just stay focused determined, and hopefully warm. You watch out November I'm coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment