Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Jack-Off Factor

So one of the things I haven't really fessed up to lately is that I've sort of been seeing someone. Now the relationship is starting off rocky and I've known him awhile so I sort of know its going to crash and burn before it really even starts, but part of me thinks that it's all good and it will all work out if I just stick with it. Regardless. Its new and its very very vague and well the guys a bit of an idiot, but he openly acknowledges that he is bad in relationships so I guess I can't be too hard on him. I'm not really going to get into it right now. But you need the background so that the rest of this post makes sense.

What I'm about to disclose was not my idea, but was T's idea that I should post because she found it rather amusing. So of course here goes.

Last weekend I spent the entire weekend at this guys house because we don't live in the same city (ya yet another issue we are already having problems with...). Sunday morning, after having been up pretty late Saturday night I had no desire to get out of bed before noon, but the guy I was staying with wanted to get up and get some groceries before the hockey game started. I was sitting in bed thinking "I could really go for a coffee and bagel" but thinking that it wasn't going to happen unless I either went to Tim's myself or brewed my own coffee, I rolled over and went back to bed. Boy had already left, and left his phone on the bedside table so I didn't have high expectations.

I hear the lock click, and the Boy returns and I think, "screw it I'm still not getting out of bed", when The Boy announces, "I'm a JACK-OFF". I'm still in bed. I'm not really too sure what he's talking about so I roll over and crawl out of bed and start to trek down the hall.

"I'm a jack-off!" he continues. I'm not really awake so I don't say much, but I'm sure my facial expressions said it all.

"We've slept together and I don't have any idea how you take your coffee!"

I'm sure my jaw dropped, and I had to stiffle a giggle, but I still haven't said much. He seems pretty irritated by this whole thing, and I'm finding it extremely entertaining.

He regales me of his tale to get coffee:

"So I went and got to groceries I needed and then I figured I would come back with coffee. I go into Starbucks and I wait in line, I get up to the till and it dawned on me I have no idea how you take your coffee!! Then I figured I knew you liked bagels so I might as well to go Timmy's. I get to Timmys and realize that not only do I not know what you take in your coffee, I also have no idea what kind of bagel you like or if you like it buttered or with cream cheese!"

By now he's ranting but he continues.

"So I'm a total asshole, because now I'm in a second line up with no idea what to get you and the saddest thing is that we went to tims just yesterday and you had a bagel and I apparently am such an asshole I didn't even pay attention to what you ate then!"

Now the rest of the conversation basically went along with him saying that he had to get a variety of bagels with a variety of toppings (which was good because I don't like the smell of cream cheese esp not on my bagel) and ice caps because he didn't want to get me a coffee I wouldn't drink (so kudos there) and it got to the point where there really wasn't much I could say or do because he was a bit irritated and he wanted to watch the game etc but still. VERY entertaining.

So ya I have known this guy a long time so I would hope that he would know how I take my coffee (he certainly does now anyways) but I appreciate that he totally admits when he's clueless. He tells it like he is, so I guess there is that.

Every guy has a jack-off factor. The Boy's just happens to be that he doesn't know my coffee preference. It's a start I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment