Thursday, June 24, 2010

Back to reality

So, the last couple days I've been pretty much MIA. Where have I been? Well fear not I did NOT die under the stack of stuff I've spent the majority of my time archiving etc. Although, there was one Monty incident that I certainly questioned if I would ever survive this project. Well last night I made my way out of town to visit my Aunts. My Aunts and I get along famously, and a good time is always had by all, esp when tequila is involved.

In short: margaritta's + good food + great conversation + Scrabble = EPIC night of fun.

I always have such a good time when I go to visit them. My Aunt C is this super awesome artist masquerading as a carpenter/trades person, and her and her life partner live in this great open floored place where essentially the whole place is like an open studio/gallery for her work. I'm super stoaked to hear that she is contemplating being a full time artist instead of being a carpenter to pay the bills and an artist on the side. My other Aunt M is getting ready to leave town to do some schooling (hence the journey to get in some drinking time before she leaves). I always leave feeling super inspired, refreshed and, well, slightly hung over when I leave their place. So with that night away, I come back home to reality. In desperate need of getting back to my scanning project, doing laundry and figuring out the whole work thing. HOWEVER! In the mean time, I might not be the 'ex student' much longer, back to school September to get a couple pre-recs for a new program? I applied today, whilst wearing last nights party clothes and slightly hung over. Ready to be a proper student? I'll keep everyone (should there be anyone that follows this blog) posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment