Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Welcome!


Is this as weird for me as it is for you? I have talked about starting up a blog to all my friends for awhile now, and they all agreed that it was a good idea, stating that the situations that I manage to get into somehow would be useful for making others laugh. They also may have mentioned something about how great it would be if there were strangers out there that wanted to subject themselves to my crazy so that they could get a break every now and then (which I HOPE was just them being silly...right guys?).

Anyways. So here I am. Blog started, name picked (btw? that was stressful!), template and all affliated colour schemes and fonts picked out (also hard to decide on) and all 'gadgets' started.

Why 'the ex student project'? Well I just happen to be a recent University grad (BSc thank you very much) but now? Well I don't have a whole lot on my plate. When I was in school working away on my degree, I took on every thing I could. Need a volunteer? I was your go to person. Need someone to input data for the lab? Sure I'll take care of it. Have a job that starts the day after final exams finish? Sign me up! Concert of one of the bands I love but its in the middle of the week? Meh I can study en route ringing ears be damned!

I ran clubs, special events, lead lab groups, took part in fundraisers, studied my butt off in study groups, made time for friends and traveled all over the place in search of the perfect stage performance. So it's easy to see why starting a blog took a back seat. But now? Well besides job hunting and planning trips I can't afford, I have a lot of time to catch up on things I missed during all my crazy school antics.

I have very little experience with being unemployed, and not having a school schedule to go back to in September, but I figure I didn't know how to be student till I decided to graduate. In general I've never had so much free time (I know you all must be thinking 'poor her, sheesh') but none the less here I am. An Ex-student cleverly disguised as a responsible adult attempting to take on the real world! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment