Thursday, December 22, 2011

The day I did absolutely nothing useful. Eff.

I have a confession. I have a million and one things to do before Dec 25th (took a scary tally of gifty things and I am SOOO screwed) and I have a ton of cleaning to do and a million errands to run around doing....and what did I do today? I stayed in bed till 3 PM reading and eating trash, then I lazily hauled my butt into the shower, after which I went back to my optometrists to get my brand new glasses replaced because the paint on them was chipped. Trust me its a big deal. After having glasses held together by nail polish and super glue (because one of the rubber bits on the temple fell off) I was not putting up with anymore chipping because god damn it nail polish is meant for fingernails (mine by the way are drying right now and its the perfect excuse to blog two days in a row!!) NOT for glasses frames that cost me 220 plus the cost of fancy digital lenses. My optometrists office was totally amazing and they agreed and the frames are going to be re ordered. Until then I have a pair I can beat up till my new ones come in. Win.

Anyway. After the optometrist I went to the mall. For the sole intent of picking up my free Body Shop gift (6 weeks of giving dealy I got involved in...freaking amazing Ive gotten so much free) which this week happened to be an 18$ body scrub (for free!!! awesome win!!). Then because I was only 5$ away from becoming a VIP Beauty Insider for Sephora (don't even get me started on how much I had to spend to get here considering I rarely wear more than mascara and my eye lash curler came from a drugstore) so I had to go buy a new eyeshadow. Then I came home had dinner and went grocery shopping with my mom because she didn't want to do all the heavy lifting because we bought an obscene amount of pickles (we like our cucumbers soaked in salt and vinegar in this household), came home and went back to reading and eating more trash.

Literally. That was my day. I didn't clean, I didn't do laundry, I didn't get any gifts for my xmas list or make any more of my gifts. I literally did squat nothing all day. And even all that was a struggle. This cannot happen tomorrow. Like seriously. I made a list of everything I have left to get and errands I need to do and it is NOT small. It includes buying a secret santa gift for my cousin who I have kindly nicknamed Numb Nuts. He's not my favorite to say the very least. I think its kind of an idiot to be honest but he's family. He's the only person I didn't want to get for the secret santa because before I got his name I couldn't think of anything to get him if I got him. So awesome I'm up crap creek without a bambo oar. CRAP.

But to end of my day of being lazy, I'm watching a replay of The X factor. Not sure how I feel about these duets. Its been awesome to see Alanis Morisette loosen up and look like she was really enjoying herself, same with Avril Lavigne actually smiling. The R Kelly duet I thought was amazing but kind of made me chuckle when he said "if I can see it then I can do it"....tehehehe lawsuit issues and all...tehehe... Shouldn't be laughing really or even mentioning it but can't help it!!!!

If I had to make a bet on who will win The X Factor I would say either Josh or Melanie. Josh is the true american dream. A guy just trying to play music and live and slings burritos? Come on he's amazing. Melanie may not come from much either but to my understanding she doesn't have a kid and I believe she's going to University? Chris Rene? Well I like the dude he seems nice but I don't really like what he does. Just not my thing where Josh? He's just too good to be true. And that's why I want him to win.

See? A total day of procrastination. Tomorrow I have to make up for it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment