Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oooooooo dear.

I know that I'm not the most coordinated person in the world. I know this. I trip lots, I drop stuff, I am directionally challenged and I cannot juggle carrying multiple things. I am not coordinated. Today I took this to a whole new level.

When preparing for finals exams the professor of one of my classes recommended that we bring a few extra items to the exam to keep us comfortable, including extra layers because the room was drafty and something to drink because the room gets very dry. Thinking that I don't usually bring something to drink I decided it might be a good idea. I always wear lots of layers to exams because I detest being cold so that was nothing new.

Today I show up to the exam water bottle in hand, extra pencils and student id all ready to go. I sit down, I write my test. I finish my first go of it. I decide to take a couple minutes to reset my brain and then go over again to pick out mistakes. But before I do the thought crosses my mind "it is rather dry in here yes a sip of water would be most refreshing"..

I unscrew the cap and put the bottle to my lips...and apparently I lose all function of my mouth because the next thing I know water is all over my test paper down my shirt and stuck in the wrappings of my scarf. Its freaking everywhere. I scramble to use my sleeve to wipe everything down, bending over slightly to do so only to have the water that was wedged in my scarf go shooting out, at which point I attempted to manuvre the water the other way so that it went down my shirt, all in a feeble attempt to keep it off my exam paper.

I finally manage to soak up the majority of the water only to see that the damage has clearly already been done and while my answers are safe and sound, the front page of the exam is soaked through as it ripples as it dries. It rippled so much that it become concave and proceeded to scrape against the table every time I moved the sheets.

Figuring all I needed to do was let if dry I worked away on other pages letting it all spread out so it would dry. In the process I started to notice that all the pages were getting physically stuck to the desk as if they had been glued down. Not being able to figure out just what the heck was going on I realized that the moist pages of the exam had started to fuse with the years of grime on all the exam table, all the sweat and stuck on eraser bits had formed a paste with not only the exam pages but also my sleeve. Basically not only did I manage to make my exam look like it had been sent to sea, it was partially stuck to my desk making it look like I had sent it to the recycle center.

So I figure that oh well what could I do? Do the best I could and carry on with everything, and I go to hand it in when I'm finished. The look on the profs face was priceless. In fact she had to look at it three times before she looked up at me in utter shock and amazment as if almost daring to ask "what happened"....which she did. To which I responded "Water bottle issues, but it was all your idea in the first place".

If this is a sign as to whats to come for my last final...I'm in BIG trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment