Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year, Bring It ON.

I hope everyone had a great holiday time! This year was the first in many years that I had a truly easy and relaxing Christmas. For many years past I've usually spent my Christmas running from house to house struggling to buy the perfect gifts and trying to fit everyone in. This year? Not so much!

I made a point of slowing down, because I'm starting to realize that if you rush through things you never really get to enjoy them, and enjoying time with family and friends is what really matters, not how many kilometers I clocked on my car getting from point to point. Besides it sucks spending the majority of your holidays alone in your car. Radio hosts do not make for great conversations. Then when you get stuck going through a roadblock cops think you're crazy for talking with your radio. Bad news I tell you.

So this year I cut back a bit and instead of trying to rush from place to place I divided things up by going to one place per day and spending more time in there total, which worked out great. Sigh it was glorious. Ate too much and had good times with family

I got brand new bedding from my parents and I'm not going to lie its made getting out of bed in the morning rather difficult. I plan on buying a new memory foam for my bed and I doubt after that I will ever want to get up. Oh well, perhaps if I make my bed a place I desire to be someone new may follow me, if you build it they will come? (Wishful dreaming I think but still!)

Anyways! All is good on my end! Now that I go back to school in a few short days I'm desperately trying to read non school books and clean up all my crap from last semester to start off a fresh new year...but given my comfortable sleeping situation, I shan't hold my breath :)

Brings me to my next dilema, new years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment