Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh god the holidays are amoung us.

It really is some cruel joke that the holidays creep on us so freaking fast..and with the holidays among us , so are the party invites. And with the party invites comes the head count....and the inevitable question, solo or duo?

This is also the question that makes we me want to lash out irrationally. YES I'm STILL single.

Todays tyranny is brought to by an email I recieved from the house I attend on Christmas Eve. My whole family attends and every year we all get the same email about this time asking us to save the date and to give a head count. And this year I was singled out to my whole family asking me if I was single again...WELL THEN/.

Yes I'm still single, yes I will be flying solo, and even if I was dating someone or something changes in two months I STILL wouldn't subject some poor unsuspecting bloke to THAT. And did you have to pose the question in front of EVERYONE in my family? They are all very aware of my impending spinsterhood, must we REALLY bring it up?

Like really? And then what's the polite appropriate answer? "Yes I'm still single, yes I gots no mans". And then everyone feels sorry for you! I'm the last single person in my family, I'm also the only person to not have kids. Both are decisions that I'm really happy with. I was with a guy for a long time that wanted to get married but things just never worked out. Had we gotten married instead of finally breaking up, we would have been miserable! I'm kid less and I think its a great thing because I can't imagine having a kid!!!

But does that mean I want to have to explain my life to everyone time and time again? Does that mean I have to feel bad because I have no man to hold my hand at dinner? Did you really think it would be a good idea to push upon your judgement on me because you think its a crime I'm single?

How do you deal with these invites? How do you respond without sounding like a total bitch?

No comments:

Post a Comment