Monday, October 3, 2011

What its really all about.

Lately my life is feeling a bit out of control....much like a round of hokey pokey. I'm going through the motions but not really making any real decisions for myself. I'm putting my arm in and shaking it all about but I'm not dictating why. I'm just being complacent, mostly because its easier than trying to think of anything for myself.

As previously mentioned I haven't always been the biggest fan of the holidays. I run from house to house, event to event attempting to fit it all in, because I think that's what I'm supposed to do but never really enjoying myself. I don't tend to mix my events and priorities because I find that mixing them often leads to unnecessary confusion and hurt feelings, preferring to hop from event to event like a bunny, never mixing them. I have a big family and we don't all get along, and well I'm not even about to try to change things. There is too much water under that bridge.

However. This year somethings a bit difference. My Aunt and my Aunt broke up about a year ago last August. My blood Aunt (The artist) moved on from my other Aunt (M) and to be honest it was something that I saw coming for a long time. They were not meant to be, as they certainly did not bring out the best in each other, more like the extreme worst. However, M somehow got left behind. A huge part of the family that no longer gets to be involved, and I mean I get it shes not blood related, and my Artist Aunt no longer wants to be with her and we should respect that, however, she wasn't the only one that made ties with her. Artist doesn't want to be with her and I respect that, but at the same time, I know M and don't think its fair that she have no family.

So this year when I heard she had nowhere to go for Thanksgiving I suggested we have her over to my parents house. (My Artist Aunt always goes to the other side of the familys house for thanksgiving, and this year is no exception). M may no longer be "family" but shes still family to me, and so I invited her. She's loud, and emotional, and not always the nicest when it comes to talking about my Aunt (so we don't) but she's family. And getting together with family, friends and those we care about is what Thanksgiving is all about. Everyone should have somewhere to go on Thanksgiving. And that is what I am thankful for this year. I have a family good enough to realize this too, and accept that which we cannot change, and invite someone who will potential cause an even bigger family rift, because its the right thing to do. Getting together with someone despite differences is the whole point of this holiday, and all the holidays in this fall/winter season.

And I mean......not about to complain about the day off from school....added perk!

No comments:

Post a Comment