Sunday, October 2, 2011

Feeling Fall

Ohhh October. The arrival of fall, the start of the winter holidays among us and the chill in the air that makes drinking warm coffees a wise choice. Cozy sweaters and wearing tall boots. Of course with this for a student also means midterms and term papers due. The not so great part. But it does also mean Thanksgiving break! A day off! Oh glorious day of thanks!

Now I'm not the biggest fan of the winter holidays. I have a huge very loud family and I tend to find the holidays overly busy running from house to house trying to fit everything in, and extremely loud with kids running hyped up on sugar. I find it a bit too over whelming, so I typically try to hide out on these holidays. In my opinion Thanksgiving is a precursor to Christmas and its just a lot.

But tonight I randomly found myself thanking the fates that it was in fact the start of October because it means that every single grocery store is selling pumpkin pie. Now October may mean the start of midterms and term paper hell, but its also the start of the little thing I like to call "Guilt Free Stress Eating". As I attempt to study, and absorb the millions of trivial facts that I will probably never use again after this semester, I also get to absorb as many carbs and fats as I want without feeling like I am required to run laps or go to the gym. Its a beautiful thing. Now my "eating my feelings" guilt is magically absolved because I am studying for midterms. Win. Such a win.

Now if only I can apply this rule to shopping. I have a craving for new cozy sweaters and new pair of boots. Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment