Monday, October 17, 2011

When the going gets tough.....2.0

So this is a post that I've started quite a few times in the last couple days. Kind of keep running out of steam. A lot of the personal stuff going on in my life kind of boiled over this past weekend and while the fact that it all came to a point is a bit of a relief, I also feel like there's someone on a loud speaker screaming over my head "Clean up on isle 5!!!!"... So I'm mentally collecting buckets and mops, grabbing the Mr. Clean and scrubbing away. Not easy work, and I'm finding it a bit hard to stay positive and motivated to get things going. But c'est la vie.

You know that saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" Well given my weekend, every time I manage to get out of bed and do something (which everything seems to be right now, I felt like yesterday I should have been given a medal for making it to skating in the morning) I mixed it up. "When the going gets tough, the tough get out of bed".....Yesterday morning to get my ass to the rink. "When the going gets tough the tough eat bacon" when I stopped on the way home from the rink and picked up deli smoked bacon for breakfast. "When the going gets tough, the tough call ex's out on their continual BS".....that was just too easy to try and stop myself. The words spilled out of my mouth and into my phone before I could stop myself and even conceptualize that it wasn't any of my business anymore. The shitty thing is I didn't even get a chance to call the bastard out and dumped it on my friend instead. Who I know didn't take it personally....and I think ignored it and carried on. Good call. It was directed at him and his bullshit not at you.

Anyways. So things are a mess. And I'm feeling alone in my struggles because the situation is pretty unique to me, and my family situation. I'm confused because I don't know what I'm going to do next, and I'm a little lost in life, but that's been going on for awhile. So I shall continue getting up and trying to get moving, starting with getting my ass to school because I just skipped class for the first time because I was too miserable to get out of bed.

Then again...if I didn't have an assignment due and a lab test tomorrow....I garuntee you the newest slogan would be "When the going gets tough, this ex student keeps her ass in bed with bad TV".

No comments:

Post a Comment