Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thou Shalt Not Diss the Tim Gun

I've been going through a lot lately. I'm in school, trying to find a job, family crap going on...I've been feeling a little up to my ears. Drowing a bit really. So its making it really hard for me to focus on any one task. When I'm studying I can't focus on the notes on the paper, and when I'm trying to work on papers or something, I can't sit still. Even when I was trying to prepare a video for my ASL class, I would sit for 5 and then have to get up and move around or have to have something else on the go. I am so coated in all this crap going on that I cannot seem to get my brain to focus soley on one thing, instead I have to have multiple things going on.

(Quick side note: I have the best friends in the world....they have put up with my for quite some time in this horrible depressed up and down mood I've been in, they've been there when I've managed to triple book myself mostly because I'm just being an idiot....and they still always give me the shoulder to cry on or scream at....thanks guys, I hope this is the tail end of the roller coaster! Being the kind of friend I want to be has been uber hard lately but you guys keep me around anyways, and that means a lot)

So anyway. Lots going on and no ability to deal with it. So of course I resort back to my old faithful, procrastination and reality TV. My world is sucking the big one, let me watch yours fall to bits!! As a matter of fact, I am currently sitting here doing just that. Procrastinating studying for a midterm, and have busted out the emergency frozen mars bars. What I've been doing for the last like three days it watching old episodes of project runway while studying.

Project Runway is probably the only show I watch RELIGIOUSLY. Other shows I can take or leave, and I don't care if I don't see them every week or if I miss a chunk, but something about Project Runway means I cannot possibly miss a minute. And the fact that I'm terribly unfocused right now means that I'm watching old episodes to sedate me till the new ones.

Now because I cannot possibly focus on my own life anymore than I already do, I've been watching these designers, and I have learned a few things. Those who are rude to Tim Gunn NEVER win. Kennly was not only a bitch to the other contestants, she was EXTREMELY rude to Mr. Gunn, and she was auff'ed.

I just can't understand why someone would go on that show and not heart the tim gunn! I mean if he gives you a rough review, he does it because he wants you to do better! He wants you to succeed! And the dude had the credentials to back up his opinions. Hello, he worked for Liz Clairbourne and he has been on the show since day one. He knows his SHHHIIIIZZZZ..... SO for the love of god. Do not HATE ON THE TIM GUNN!

And when in doubt....Make it work:) Which is really what life is all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment